Funding for the program is limited, so customers who act quickly are most likely to reap the benefits. Here’s how the program works:
Eligibility & Requirements
To participate in the BC Electric Bike Rebate Program, these are the key requirements to keep in mind:
- The program is exclusively available to residents of British Columbia.
- Applicants must be 19 years of age or older.
- You must buy the electric bike from a Participating Electric Bike Retailer, which includes select products from Alien E-Bikes & Scooters.
- The e-bike must have a minimum purchase price of $2,000 before taxes.
- The minimum purchase price applies to the e-bike itself and does not include any additional accessories like helmets or water bottles, conversion kits or gift cards.
- All recipients of a rebate must commit to keeping the e-bike in their possession for a minimum of 2 years.
- All e-bike sales are final and no refunds will be provided.
- Purchases made prior to June 1, 2023, do not qualify for the rebate.
- The rebate you receive will be based on your net income as reported on your Notice of Assessment.
- You have 30 days to complete the 4 easy steps for income qualification.
- All applicants must submit the necessary documentation to confirm their net income during the application process. All documents will be verified for authenticity, so accurate information is crucial to maintaining your entitlement to a rebate.
- The service standard for processing complete claims is 7 business days. Depending on your financial institution, it may take an additional 2-3 business days for the rebate to arrive in your bank account.
- You must submit two receipts as part of the rebate application process.
- The rebate does not include (non-electric) bicycles.
E-Bike Rebate Amount Based On Income
The BC Electric Bike Rebate Program offers varying rebate amounts based on net income. Here are the rebate amounts corresponding to different income ranges:
- Less than $38,950: Eligible individuals with a net income below $38,950 will receive a rebate of $1,400.
- $38,951 to $51,130: For those with a net income between $38,951 and $51,130, the rebate amount will be $1,000.
- $51,131 and over: Individuals with a net income of $51,131 and above will receive a rebate of $350.